There are those people who are just hard to shop for. They prefer a gift card and will likely return whatever it is you bought them anyways. Well, it’s hard to return something that will require you to do together!
Gifting an experience is a fun way to avoid overspending on toys and things kids have a ton of already. Lately I’ve been reading so much about parenting in this generation where the parents are emotionally unavailable for any number of reasons. So, I’ve been brainstorming a list of things for the whole family to do together. Kids love our attention, they thrive on it. So instead of gifting a gift this season, consider gifting an experience!
Here are 10 Experiences that are on Band of Mamas bucket list:
1. Bentleyville, Duluth, MN This little gem has quickly become one of the most popular tourist destinations in MN in the last several years. Plan ahead, get a hotel room at the Edgewater Hotel and Waterpark, and take a family drive to Duluth and enjoy the fun this great hotel has to offer. Dress warm for the tour of lights!
3. Arrowwood Lodge & Waterpark, Brainerd, MN They feature a Premier Kids’ Suite that is their own little room and bunkbeds. Only a 2 hour drive from the city, this seems like the perfect little getaway.
4. Children’s Museum Membership is a great idea for the little ones! I have one of these and it was gifted to us for Julia’s second birthday. A fantastic idea for the little learner in your life!
5. Volunteer at Feed My Starving Children is a fantastic way to remind kids about having a giving heart. We take our seventh graders here every year and it’s a fabulous way to give your time to a good cause.
6. Christmas City Express in historic Duluth. You take a train for about 90 minutes to Lake Superior. Carolers, hot chocolate, and treats. Oh what fun it is to ride…
7. Shoreview Community Center seasonal membership. You can do an annual or seasonal which is only three months. I think it sounds like a great way to pass these cold winter days. If you’ve never been here, it’s a fantastic location for swimming, play, and recreation!
8. Children’s Theater, Minneapolis is currently playing How the Grinch Stole Christmas through January. A day at the theater could include lunch with grandmas, cousins, and friends, too!
9. The Escape Game, Mall of America has quite a few themes you can choose from for your escape experience. I have never done this but think it would be a fun team-building activity for the whole family!
10. Sea Life Aquarium is surely a fun experience for all ages. If you’ve never had the chance, you can also snorkel with the fish or plan an overnight stay with the sea life!
I hope you find something in this list to consider doing with your family this year. And if you have any experiences Band of Mamas must do, please share in the comments below! Happy Gift-Experiencing, Mamas!
This post contains advertisements and by clicking the link, I may receive a commission but at no cost to you. See my full disclosure form HERE