I blinked and Julia turned 3 today! I became a Mama at 4:15 AM on March 29, 2016. It was a long day and eventful, to say the least. It was one of the best days of my entire life! She was 9 lbs. 22″ long and so beautiful. And as all Mamas do, I’m reflecting back on how quickly time is passing. With every new day, she’s learning new things, feeling new feelings, showing new emotions, the list goes on. It’s an incredible thing to watch–someone growing right before your very eyes!
We had her birthday party at my in-laws house last Saturday. It was 60 degrees and the sun was out in full force. Is there anything better than the first sunny day after our long MN snow season when you can be outside enjoying the fresh air? I don’t know that much else can top that first ray of sunshine hitting my face. Ahhhhh! This came complete with my very first 2019 sunburn 😉
We kept her party simple. I asked her what she wanted to eat at her party. Her initial response, “Chucky Cheese!” because her friend Ella celebrated her birthday there. Since we were going to Grandma and Papa’s for the party, we compromised with Pizza & Cupcakes. Win-win for Mama! Papa Murphy’s was running a March Madness special with 25% off your order. So, we had some beverages, some pizza & cupcakes, and the kids were able to run, play, bike, draw with chalk, and play outside… the perfect day!
I rounded up some of the wonderful gifts she got, in case you’re looking for something special for a little lady in your life!
- The most ADORABLE My Little Pony bath robe. Seriously, Julia doesn’t want to take it off. She got dressed for daycare this morning and had to put it on over her outfit. She was sad when I said she couldn’t wear it to daycare, so I’ll post here so you can see how dang cute it is! My Little Pony Bath Robe
- Julia LOVES to be outside with me and help tend to and water our plants and vegetables in the summertime, and what a perfect gift: her own Gardening Set! This is a different set, but ours is similar. Toddler Girl Gardening Set
- Don’t go chasin’ waterfalls… instead, chase and catch butterflies with this super cute little bug catching net! Butterfly Net
- Quality time is obviously a necessity, so how about a Mommy and Me special day at Taj Salon in Brooklyn Park! One of my Mama friends text me and said, “Should we go to this? If so, we need to sign up ASAP!” I love to support local businesses, and Mamas in particular, so this was the perfect combination of Mommy and daughter time and a special thing for us to do to celebrate her birthday. Hair, nails, toes, and makeup! It was a memorable day, to say the least.
- Julia loves a new pair of shoes, and Crocs are her favorite! This adorable pair will be perfect for summertime fun!
- The squeals that came out of her mouth when she saw her new Big Girl Bike were absolutely precious. It was SO fun watching her tool around on her little “motorcycle,” as she called it! We had bought her this Schwinn Helmet last year, and it’s SO cute and fits perfectly! Now that she has her big girl bike, we’ll be able to push Brooks on the Radio Flyer Trike we have. This thing… is seriously the BEST! One of us can push him while Jules tools around on her bike. I’m so excited for summer… can you tell?
- When asked what she would like for her birthday, I responded with the usual, I don’t know… but she needs clothes. And clothes she got! We are seriously set for summertime wear with the new clothes she got. The majority of the brands can be found at Target, and she will be so stylish!
Birthdays have become more significant since I’ve had my own children. I want nothing more but to celebrate them and give them all the love humanly possible. Thanking the Lord today for my sweet daughter Julia Jo and the bright light she brings to my life!
This post contains advertisements and by clicking the link, I may receive a commission but at no cost to you. See my full disclosure form HERE